Teak, a beloved material for boat decking, has long been associated with horror stories of maintenance woes. Fortunately, the rise of synthetic teak provides a low-maintenance alternative for those seeking an easier solution. Whether you have natural or synthetic teak, our goal is to simplify the teak cleaning process, making it a hassle-free experience for boat enthusiasts.
Cleaning Natural Teak:
Cleaning natural teak requires a delicate touch to preserve its hardwood and softwood elements. Say goodbye to harsh chemicals and time-consuming two-step solutions. Our Eco Teak Cleaner is a game-changer – a one-step process with no acids, phosphates, or caustic acid. This top-seller at the Southampton Boat Show ensures a worry-free cleaning experience, allowing you to liberally scrub without fear of damaging your gel coat. Follow our simple steps and witness your teak transform into a golden masterpiece.
- 1. Wet the teak thoroughly, allowing water to soak in and soften the wood.
- 2. Mix a cap of Onyx Eco Teak Cleaner with water in a bucket.
- 3. Scrub the teak evenly with a scrubbing pad. (across the grain)
- 4. Rinse thoroughly for a gleaming, golden finish.
Top Tip: Always go against the grain to protect your corking and teak. Incorporate this into your regular maintenance wash to keep your teak in top condition.
Note: While the Eco Teak Cleaner is a fantastic alternative to acidic solutions, severely weathered teak may benefit from an initial sand before transitioning to our maintenance-friendly cleaner.
Cleaning Synthetic Teak:
Our all-purpose cleaner is designed to tackle the grime, grease, and dirt that can accumulate on synthetic teak. Follow these straightforward steps for pristine synthetic teak surfaces:
- 1. Dilute the multi-purpose cleaner in a spray bottle (1:1 with water).
- 2. Spray the solution directly onto synthetic teak.
- 3. Agitate the product with a cloth, brush, or eraser sponge.
- 4. Rinse or wipe off as needed.
Top Tip: Use a detailing brush or even a paint brush to clean the hard to reach edges.